Each local office only provides the types of services and caregivers that they are licensed to provide in full compliance with their State licensing regulations.
Bill & Kaye Hughes have been actively involved in running Accessible Home Care of the Bluegrass since 2006. Our excellent caregivers go above and beyond to provide the following home care services to seniors in the Lexington area: Showering, Bathing, dressing, patient transferring, medication reminders, companion services, Alzheimer’s care, dementia care, Parkinson care, light housekeeping, laundry, errands, shopping, doctor visits & meal preparation.
Our commitment to the seniors in our community which we service is very important to our core business values. Some of our activities include:
- Founding member of the KY Assoc of Senior Services
- 2006-present member of the steering committee for “Meeting the Challenges and Opportunities of Aging” conference, his 10th straight year
- Past member of the steering committee for the University of KY’s “Justice Center for Elder and Vulnerable Adults”
- Past 2 term President of the Bluegrass Continuity of Care Association
- BBB member
- Chairman of the Bluegrass Elder Abuse Prevention Council 2012-present
- Trained as a trainer for Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- One of ten people in the state of KY to be invited to the first training of the Alzheimer’s Association’s Best Friends Teaching/Learning Institute and the only home care or home health agency in KY to receive the invitation Voted “Kiwanian of the Year 2012” by his peers
- Kiwanis “Builder’s Club” advisor for Hayes Middle School 2012 which teaches kids leadership and character building through service work
- Pet Ministry visits once/month at The Breckinridge (Alzheimer’s home)
- Senior Bingo at Chic-fil-A twice a month
- iKnow Expo vendor table
- Elder Abuse Prevention Conference vendor table
- Meeting the Challenges of Aging conference vendor table
- the upcoming vendor table at the Extension Office
- Provide assistance to the Veteran’s Outreach organization
Our Dedication to Your Needs
Our knowledgeable, friendly staff members can help you determine the home health care insurance benefits available for the care of you or your loved one. We’re an approved provider to more than 50 network insurance providers and third-party payment sources. We’re proud to provide quality services that are dedicated to the health and wellness of the seniors of our community and the families that care for them.
With 24/7 care available, we aim to assist you with the occasional helping hand, daily visits, or round-the-clock care. Call Accessible Health Care today and find out how our trusted home health care provider may be able to help you achieve more peace of mind.